I was nominated for this award by Darque @ Darque Dreamer Reads. Thank you so much for the nomination Darque! Everyone, if you aren’t following their blog already. Go check it out! It’s pretty awesome! I highly recommend the bookish photos!
Now, onto the award. I have actually done this reward six times before, you can check out the other incarnations here.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. Who is the one person that is the sunshine in your life?
There are so many. I really don’t think I can pick a person, so I am going to say my dog. Sissy is a rescue who came from Tennessee and she’s made of sugar. Not literally, but I actually think she believes she’s made of sugar because she won’t go outside when it’s raining. That’s good for me, I don’t have to clean up after her, but at the same time…not good for her bladder.
2. Do you prefer all happy movies or occasional sad movies?
I honestly don’t have a preference. Some of my favorite films, like my favorite books, make me cry ugly tears. Plus, I do think that the best stories are both sad and happy at the same time.
3. What is the one food that always makes you happy?
I think I would have to say macaroni and cheese. Really though, I think it’s just warm foods. I love chicken and wild rice soup. I make this delicious Rustic Italian Gnocchi Soup from The Skinnytaste Cookbook that is always very comforting in the fall and winter. I am actually hoping to make it again, soon.
4. What is the sunshine on your blog?
I want to say that the sunshine on my blog is my wit. Or maybe it’s the outfits I put together based on the descriptions of characters.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
Honestly, I love Halloween, but I do not get to actually celebrate it as often because since school I haven’t really known a group of people who get together and dress up for the holiday. (Shame!)
But I also really like the holidays. We celebrate Christmas, and I love wrapping presents. I love giving people gifts. I like decorating the tree (and oddly enough I have some really geeky ornaments).
I also love to bake and I love trying new recipes around the holidays. One year, around the holidays I found a peppermint cookie that I tried. It’s a very peppermint loaded cookie that I love so much. Last year, I didn’t get around to making them. That’s going to have to be a priority this year.
6. What is one thing you love about yourself?
Oh, how I love and hate this kind of question. It’s so much easier to think of things I dislike about myself, and most of the things I like end up being double-edged swords. I have always liked my creativity, but like I said, sometimes that gets me in trouble, and there are weaknesses with that as well.
7. What is one thing you love about the blogging community?
I love how welcoming everyone is. I remember when I started and I was convinced no one would read my posts, but as people found my blog and I started blog hopping, I found that bloggers were really friendly, and I always try to spread the love when I can and leave thoughtful comments in return.
8. What is the one book that made you smile the most?
9. Where is your corner of sunshine in your home?
Wherever my dog is! It’s that simple.
10. What is your favorite color or colors?
I gravitate towards these berry-colored, blue-shift reds. I also love olive greens and violet purples. I tend to gravitate towards complex colors that have undertones of lighter colors or can’t be described as one specific color.
11. What is the one movie that always makes you happy?
I always have this thing for double-edged sword type movies, so, I have to go with my basic answer and say The Harry Potter Series. I am sorry, but it really is the only film that makes me smile all the time. I feel like I use this series all the time, but it’s true!
Some of the movies that make me smile, but are both happy and sad agree a Jane Austen biopic called Miss Austen Regrets, and Til Human Voices Wake Us. Both are bittersweet movies, but I like them. And sometimes when I need to be lifted up, I just need to cry!
Louise @ Foxes & Fairytales
Rachel @ Pace, Amore, Libri
Kris @ Boston Book Reader
Meghan @ Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews
Paige @ Just One More Pa(i)ge
Holly @ Dressed to Read
Taylor @ Taylor Reads Books
Phannie @ Phannie The Ginger Bookworm
Bea @ When Curiosity Killed the Cat
Jenaca @ Jenacidebybibliophile
Justine @ I Should Read That
Questions for My Nominees
1. What constitutes a 5-star read for you? And what was the last book you read that met that criteria?
2. If you had to describe yourself in the personality of three fictional characters (books, tv, movies all accepted) who would they be and why?
3. When you are traveling, what is one thing that you would be lost without?
4. If you could be a magical witch or wizard, or a prodigy at one particular skill, which would you want to be and why?
5. What are your top three books to read by the end of 2017?
6. If a fictional character could cook you one meal, who would it be and what would they cook?
7. What is your favorite article of clothing?
8. What is the best first line you’ve ever read in any work of literature?
9. How do you feel about reading classics? Are there any you feel like you want to read in the future?
10. Do you use bookmarks? Show us your favorites from your collection.
11. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?