I was nominated by Rose @ Around the Library in 80 Days for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Here’s a basic rundown of the award:
- Thank your nominator and link back to their blog
- Answer the biographical 11 questions your nominator decides to pose
- Do the same by nominating 11 bloggers whom you adore and use the strength left in your giganto imagination to ask 11 new questions
- List the rules and pass the Sunshine Blogger Award onto your blog
1. If you absolutely had to burn a book, which one?
If I had to burn one book, it would probably be Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline. I read this book for a July book club meeting, and while the premise is interesting the plot never really went anywhere.
I feel at the heart of it, it should have been a compelling story, but it just felt like an abstract idea that author may have had and then a publisher or agent said “Yes, let’s do it” and then she wrote it and it was pushed through production. My best one-liner about this book is how it would make a great Lifetime movie!
2. Favorite adaptation of a book into a TV show or movie?
I always talk about If I Stay because I really feel like they did a great job keeping the spirit of the book in relation to the movie. Of course, there are differences, but overall the tone is the same.
But, I think another adaptation I really liked was Room. That was another movie that I felt captured the spirit of the book without leaving too much out.
3. Favorite sandwich?
There’s a cafe near my house that makes this panini called the Holy Basil! It’s eggplant with basil and mozzarella cheese. It’s delicious.
There’s also a deli that makes some of the most awesome grinders that I think I have ever had. They’re all Italian-inspired but they also have names like Sophia Loren, Michaelangelo, and DaVinci. I think my favorite is the I Love Lucy which is turkey, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Last time you held someone’s hand?
You know? I can’t remember.
5. Favorite time of day or night?
Night. I always loved the evening and late into the night.
6. Turn to the first page of the closest book to you right now. What is the first sentence?
The book closest to me is The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. The first sentence reads:
Carl Sagan said that if you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
7. Why do you have a blog?
I started my first blog because I was in college and I wanted motivation to read over the summer. I figured that if I had a blog that I had to update it would force me to read after reading some really dense material during the year.
Now I blog because I love the community, I love sharing books with other people, and the added benefit is I get to share my passion for books that people in my offline life aren’t necessarily interested in.
8. What is our first memory of reading a book?
My first memory of reading a book? I may be too young to remember my very first memory, but I remember going absolutely nuts for Madeline and Amelia Bedelia as a kid.
9. How many windows are in your room? Do you wish there were more?
I have two windows in my bedroom, and no I don’t wish that there were more. Kind of wish the ceiling wasn’t slanted though, that way I could reorganize my room so I could maybe film some BookTube videos without being backlit.
10. Biggest pet peeve when it comes to books?
My biggest bookish pet peeve is when a book has a sudden twist at the very end (and I mean like in the final pages) and then suddenly it just ends. Especially standalones.
Seriously? What is that? You just gave me a juicy tidbit about this character, and I am never going to see them again? I am never going to know what happens to them? That is just fricken cruel!
11. To what extent are you superstitious?
The one superstition I have that I seem to be clinging to is that I don’t like to “tempt fate.” The best way to describe this is with a Toby Zeigler moment from The West Wing. They’re awaiting Judge Mendoza’s confirmation to the Supreme Court and he loses it when he sees some staffers getting ready to uncork some champagne because he’s convinced it will jinx the nomination.
Questions for My Nominees
1. What is the last song you played on your phone, iPod, or MP3 player?
2. What book are you reading right now and what attracted to that story in particular?
3. What is your biggest turn off when it comes to a blog?
4. Do you belong to any book clubs? If so, what’s this month’s book club selection?
5. When was the last time you were truly happy?
6. Do you watch any television? What series are you really into right now and would you recommend them?
7. What are your thoughts on abstract art?
8. On a scale of one to Martha Stewart, how crafty are you?
9. What is your favorite breakfast food?
10. Do you like scary books? If so, what was the last book that really scared you?
11. Tell us a joke?
Phannie @ The Ginger Bookworm
Kerrie @ Comfy Reading
Alyssa Janine @ The Book Huntress
Céline @ BooksOverHumans
Amna @ Bookish Endeavors
Maram @ She Reads Past Midnight
Jamie @ The Rebellious Reader
Ally @ Ally Writes Things
Shruti @ This is Lit
Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook
Sam @ Spines in a Line