- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of question for the bloggers you have nominated
1. What was the last book you read that was a little outside your comfort zone?
I think the last book I read that was sort of out of character for me was The Vegetarian by Han Kang. It’s not so much out of comfort zone, it’s just that it was a novel in translation and I haven’t read many of those.
Beyond that, I would say Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson because I haven’t read a memoir in a while.
2. How do you arrange your bookshelves? (by color, alphabetically, etc.)
You know that scene in Gilmore Girls when Rory shows Richard her books, and he thinks she has “holes in her collection” and she says “these aren’t all my books,” and then proceeds to show her her drawers and the stash under her bed?
Yea, my stash is kind of like that.
3. Do you prefer paperback or hardcover?
I don’t think I really have a preference, but I think that if push came to shove, I would prefer a paperback version. If it’s a signed copy then I really prefer a hardcover, it looks nicer.
4. Are there any songs that remind you of specific books?
Oh so many, and I tend to relate them to certain characters. I keep meaning to revisit the Shuffle Book Tag because I had so much fun relating books to music. I am also trying to work on a feature where I compile a list of songs related to my favorite books. I am just trying to figure out how to do it without spoiling the books.
Recently, “Bad Liar” by Selina Gomez reminds me of Hattie Hoffman from Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia.
5. How long have you been blogging for?
I started my blog on February 2, 2016 so about a year and a half, but there was about half a year that I didn’t post. So, long story short, a year and a half, but only a year active.
6. What was your favorite book as a kid? (obviously, I really liked this question, so I’m copying it!)
I remember really liking Charlotte’s Web and The BFG in elementary school. The latter may have just been because we had a “Love to Read” day and to dress as that character I got to wear my pajamas to school. Of course, the Madeline was also close to my heart partly because she gets appendicitis and had a scar like me.
7. Do you have any guilty pleasure books?
I don’t think I have any guilty pleasure books. I am sure the second I post this I’ll think of one, but I can’t for the life of me think of one right now.
8. Favorite book you had to read for a class?
There have been many that I’ve liked over the years. I remember really liking a book we had to read for a memoir unit in middle school called In My Hands by Irene Gut Opdyke, and I also really liked reading Medea by Euripides in high school.
9. Do you have a favorite poem?
My favorite poet is Maggie Estep. She’s a slam poet who wrote a poem called “I’m an Emotional Idiot” and it plays in my head whenever I see a character make a stupid choice in a rom-com. (Or listen to Aria talk about her complicated feelings for Ezra on Pretty Little Liars.)
10. Seeing as this is the ‘sunshine’ blogger award, can you think of a random act of kindness that either you/someone you know did recently?
I have something that I am working on now, but I won’t disclose details because it will spoil a surprise.
Olivia @ The Beauty of Reading
Breeny @ Breeny’s Books
Nicole @ Books Inked
Amanda @ Literary Weaponry
Elena @ The Queen Reads
Amy @ Curiouser and Curiouser
Breanna @ Paws and Paperbacks
Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
Danica @ Shelves and Spines
Danielle @ Books, Vertigo, and Tea
Rose @ Rose Books
1.What is your go-to order at a coffee shop?
2. What are your hobbies outside of a book blogging?
3. What was the last book that made you cry ugly tears, even though it was just so beautiful?
4. Your life has become exactly like the main characters in the last book you read! Tell us about your new life?
5. Do you ever read nonfiction books? If so, what subjects?
6. Your favorite fictional character is coming over for dinner: who is it and what do you prepare?
7. Do you often find yourself rooting for the heroes or the villains in a book?
8. If given the chance to look at the book that details your own life, would you peek at the end?
9. Show us some book covers that feature your favorite color?
10. What is your spirit animal, and what do you like about that particular animal?
11. What did you have for dinner last night? Was it as delicious as you hoped?