Welcome back! I am catching up on some nominations over the next couple of months, and today I am turning my attention to the second edition of The Versatile Blogger Award. (You can take a look at Part 1 here!)
I was nominated by Jacquie @ Rattle the Stars! Thank you so much for this nomination!
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person that has nominated you
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
Here we go! Seven facts!
1. I never thought I looked good in orange until I bought my prom dress. I went to Macy’s on my own and I tried on a bunch of dresses in different colors. The one I went with something I grabbed on a whim, and the first thing I put on. To this day, I don’t think I’ve ever gone shopping for an event and had the first dress I tried on be the one I walked out the door with. Since then it’s become a color I always gravitate towards in the store.
2. I have wide feet, so the one item I splurge on are cute shoes that come in my size. Often if I wait for the shoes to go on sale then they aren’t in stock. (Don’t get me started on the great flat hunt I was on in May!)
3. For my tenth birthday, my parents and grandparents got me a sewing machine that I still have seventeen years later and I have no intention of getting rid of it as long as it can be repaired. Why? Because they just don’t make them like they used to, and for some things a sewing machine is just faster.
4. On three different occasions, by people had no way of conferring with each other, I’ve been told I resemble Hilary Swank.
5. On July 1st, I took my first official cooking class. I went to New York City and learned how to make macarons. Not the coconut macaroons, the French pastries. They are labor intensives, but god so worth it, plus it helps that these cookies freeze well so you can put them aside.
6. I learned to knit when I was five. My cousin taught me originally, and then I relearned in Girl Scouts at thirteen. By fifteen, I was fast enough that I could make a basic scarf in about three days. It wasn’t until college that I learned to make things that weren’t quadrilaterals. This led to an unhealthy obsession with yarn.
7. I am a little obsessed with the Hipstamatic app for iOS. It’s this cool app that lets you try different films and lens and gives your photos different effects. It’s basically a tricked out version of Instagram, but you shoot your photos in what looks like an old school camera with the ability to manipulate shutter speeds and the like. (Yes, I’m a bit of a Shutterbug!)
Waggy Tales @ Waggy Tales Dog Blog
Kat @ A Bookies Book Blog
Baile @ Nerd in New York
Alice @ Arctic Books
Sydney @ Deer Tales
Ashley @ Alpha // Whiskey // Foxtrot
Pippa @ The Little Book Owl
Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
Arianne @ Beyond Chapters
Shameeka @ Books Over Blumen
Kaitlyn @ One Night Book Stand
Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch
Ashley @ Socially Awkward Bookworm
Amy @ Blissful Scribes
Melissa @ The Bookish Wanderer