Thank you so much to Lisa @ Nefarious Reader for the nomination! This is another case of me being clueless, or just busy, and not realizing that I’d been nominated!
But I am making up for it now. Here is my post accepting The Versatile Blogger Award! For anyone who is unfamiliar, here are the rules.
Show the award on your blog!
Thank the person that has nominated you! – Thanks you Lisa!
Share 7 different facts about yourself!
Nominate 15 blogs of your choice!
Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination!
1. I have an unhealthy obsession with plaid. The fact that plaid is the color of fall makes it one of my favorite seasons. I have a Pinterest board for Stitch Fix where I give my stylist ideas and there is a lot of plaid, and tartan. Is there a difference between tartan and plaid? I am pretty sure I looked that up once. Anyway, onto #2.
2. If I could pick any alternate life for myself it would be living on a tulip farm in Holland. Why a tulip farm in Holland you ask? Have you seen photos of tulip farms at harvest time? I would live in the rafters of a barn if I could see this on a daily basis! I guess I can settle for putting Holland Tulip Festival on my Bucket List!
3. My favorite movie is Thelma and Louise. Most people think it’s sad but I try to explain to them that the movie itself isn’t sad, it’s the last five minutes that are sad. (Then when you consider the Robot Chicken alternate ending, Thelma and Louise becomes slightly comical.) Really, the movie is about two women finding this freeing, outlaw spirit within themselves when they thought they had no other option.
4. Until I went to college, I thought I was a cat person. We had two cats growing up that I loved, but then I met a Bernese Mountain Dog named Wrigley. He was the biggest sweetheart who let all the students pet him. He passed away my senior year at college, and that was heartbreaking. Now I see dogs and lose it.
5. The first time I remember truly binge-watching a television show was my freshman year of college. I was watching Damages with Glenn Close and Rose Byrne on Netflix, and I got through ten episodes in a single sitting. Then I realized it was 5am and I had class in three hours. It was not one of my better moments! I admit that.
6. I have a list of things that I am on the lookout for when I shop. These are special pieces that I would drop any amount of money on within reason. They include: an awesome vintage locket, preferably with an enamel floral on the cover, lace-up Victorian inspired wing-tip shoes, and a pocket watch (I’ll know it when I see it) among others.
7. I love to drive. This is especially ironic when you consider that I hit a bright yellow hummer shortly after completing driver’s ed. Since then, I have been told by several people on different occasions that I am the safest driver they have ever met and they actually feel safe in the car with me.I guess that’s what you call a 180?
So there you have it! Seven facts about me! So sorry it took me so long Lisa! I do appreciate the nomination! Now to spread the wealth and nominate 15 more blogs!
Congratulations to My 15 Nominees!
The Shameful Narcissist
Wendy @ Little Bookness Lane
Amy @ Bursting with Books
Sascha Darlington @ Sascha Darlington’s Microcosm Explored
Shay Shortt @ Required Reading
Beth @ Reading Every Night
Cat @ Cat’s Shelf
HitandRun1964 @ Rethinking Life
RavenBlake99 @ Dreamy Addictions
Elena @ Elena Square Eyes
Ola @ Ola Reads Books
Analee @ Book Snacks
Charlotte @ Lots of Charlotte
Tabitha @ Brows and Bullets Reviews
And @ Books, Coffee & Passion